B.A.M. (Books, Articles, Movies) Talk! Where friends new and old come together for an enjoyable night of energetic conversation.
Our BAM (Books-Articles-Movies) Talk! group is an eclectic gathering of adults who get together on the 2nd Wed of the month sometimes on zoom, sometimes in person to chat about topics and titles. We’re very easy going. Whether you read/watch/listen to one or all the titles, you are welcome to join the fun and there are no pop quizzes!
On September 13th we’re celebrating the 3rd anniversary of our BAM Talk! group. To mark the event, we will meet in-person over dinner. Please contact Pat email@example.com if you’d like to attend.
Since we have two books coming up in Oct and Nov, we decided that we will concentrate on the reading some articles and videos on book banning. Banned Book Week is Oct 1-7 this year and here are some articles & videos on the topic:
- Everyone Likes Reading. Why Are We So Afraid of It? – Article NY Times
- The Book Banners and I Have One Thing in Common – Article NY Times
- Banned Books Week 2023 – PEN America – Website Pen America – The Freedom to write – Great resource
- Former President Barack Obama joins Chicago library’s campaign against banning books | Watch (msn.com) – Video
- One of the most banned books of all time – Mollie Godfrey – Video
- Celebrate America’s Founding Bibliophiles on the First Day of July! – PEN America
- 30 Banned Books Everyone Needs to Read in 2023 | Banned Books List (rd.com)
- Banned Books Week 2023 – PEN America
Reminder: Oct & Nov will be virtual because we have two great authors from NYC joining us.
In October Elysha Chang will join us to chat about her much-praised new release: A Quitter’s Paradise: A Novel
In Nov., again on Zoom, New York Times Best Seller: author Mary Lou Quinlan will join us to chat about her book, The God Box, which launched The God Box Project. Mary Lou also wrote:
- Just Ask a Woman: Cracking the Code of What Women Want and How They Buy
- Time Off for Good Behavior: How Hardworking Women Can Take a Break and Change Their Lives