Contemporary Music Director
Conshohocken United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Contemporary Music Director with a passion for music and worshiping God, to help lead our music ministries, mainly the praise band in contemporary worship. Our growing mixed generational congregation, in the active Conshohocken community has a strong praise band and is looking for someone to help continue this tradition.
Part-time, year-round, 8 – 12 hours per week, includes practice during the week with group rehearsal before Sunday worship service and the actual worship service which runs from10:00 A.M. to 11:15 A.M. every Sunday morning.
$13,000 - $18,000 annually, based on experience
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate music for worship services, coordinate with the pastor to align music selection with the weekly message (sermon) and other service logistics.
- Meet/practice with the praise band as needed outside of Sunday worship to provide both musical and spiritual leadership.
- Organize and prepare sheet music for all members of the worship team.
- Submit music selections for the Multimedia Team through the Administrative Assistant. This must be submitted by Wednesday 10:00AM every week.
- Coach the Sound Technician in system operation and proper sound techniques.
- Lead the team in prayer on Sunday morning prior to Sunday Worship Service.
- Occasionally, work with children on special music performances, and may be called upon to help facilitate other special music as needed.
- Attend occasional leadership meetings per request of pastor (visioning retreat, occasional leadership council meetings
- Be proficient in singing and piano/keyboard. Guitar also a plus.
- Previous experience leading worship.
- Show sensitivity to worship and its planning and coordination; foster an environment of praise and worship.
- Comfortable leading contemporary styles of worship.
CUMC Praise Team Goals:
- Introduce new songs and instruments as time and opportunity presents itself.
- Organize and coordinate periodic team events to expose the team to professional Praise Music and encourage a stronger spiritual and musical connection between members.
An ideal candidate will be led by hunger for God, open to becoming a part of the team and continue the traditions that our church has already established. This is an opportunity to become an active part of our church community and grow with us as part of the Conshy United family seeking God’s will for us.
Resumes and Contact Information should be sent to:
SPRC Chair / Conshohocken United Methodist Church
20 W. 6th Avenue
Conshohocken, PA 19428