Worship Band Leader
Conshohocken United Methodist Church is searching for someone with a passion for music and worshiping God, to help lead our praise band in contemporary worship. To schedule, plan, organize music and lead band practices. Our growing mixed generational congregation, in the active Conshohocken community has a strong praise band and is looking for someone to help continue this tradition as we transition to a new pastor.
Purpose: Conshohocken United Methodist Church is are searching for someone with a passion for music and worshiping God, to help lead our praise band in contemporary worship.
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate music for all worship services, coordinate with the Pastor to align music selection with the weekly message (sermon) and other service logistics.
- Meet/practice with the praise band as needed outside of Sunday worship to provide both musical and spiritual leadership.
- Organize and prepare sheet music for all members of the worship team.
- Submit music selections for the Multimedia Team through the Administrative Assistant which will be included in the bulletin and entered into the lab top. This must be submitted by Wednesday 10:00AM every week.
- Coach the Sound Technician in system operation and proper sound techniques.
- Lead the team in prayer on Sunday morning prior to Sunday Worship Service.
- Occasionally, work with the Hand Bell Coordinator to create combined music projects.
- A high level of musical talent and experience is required. Music degree a plus but not required.
- A proficiency in piano and/or guitar.
- Comfortable leading contemporary styles of worship.
- Show sensitivity to worship and its planning and coordination; foster an environment of praise and worship.
- Previous experience leading worship and running sound equipment a plus.
- 8 hours per week which includes at least 1 hour of rehearsal during the week, 1 hour of rehearsal before Sunday worship service and the actual Worship service which runs from
10:00 A.M. to approx. 11:15 A.M. every Sunday morning.
CUMC Praise Team Goals
- Introduce new songs and instruments as time and opportunity presents itself.
- Introduce occasional “Acoustic/Unplugged Sundays” to provide a more intimate environment, bringing the congregation together in a meaningful expression of worship.
- Organize and coordinate periodic team events to expose the team to professional Praise Music and encourage a stronger spiritual and musical connection between members.
We would like you to be led by your hunger for God, open to becoming a part of the team and continue the traditions that our church has already established. This is an opportunity to become an active part of our church community and grow with us as part of the Conshy United family seeking God’s will for us.
Resumes and Contact Information should be sent to:
SPRC Chair / Conshohocken United Methodist Church
20 W. 6th Avenue
Conshohocken, PA 19428